Simon Cowell Vows To Change Lifestyle For Son After Being Rushed To Hospital
“The X Factor” host Simon Cowell said Monday he will change his ways after falling down stairs last week, leading to a 10-hour stay at a London hospital.
“Sometimes we get a reminder that we’re not invincible and this was certainly mine. It was a huge shock,” he said. The spell forced him to sit out both live “The X Factor” shows over the weekend.
Cowell was deluged with flowers and other gifts from fans as he recovered.
“They think I fainted because I had low blood pressure and so I have got to really take good care of myself to sort that out. After all I am a dad and have more responsibility than ever,” he said, referring to his son, Eric, 3.
Cowell fell down the stairs of his London home at about 6:45 Friday morning.
“I’d gone to get some hot milk because I felt ropey. On the way back upstairs, I just remember feeling really dizzy,” he said.
Then it was lights out. Security guards heard him fall and found him unconscious at the bottom of the stairs.
Cowell received an MRI and CAT scan at the hospital before returning home.
“Next thing I know someone was putting a neck brace on me and I had a terrible headache, which must have been from me hitting the stairs. I was worried at first that I’d done some real damage,” he said.
Cowell said that his condition has improved.
“But I’m on the mend now. I know I was very lucky I didn’t hurt myself seriously. It could have been a lot worse. I must say, everyone at the hospital were incredible. I’m truly grateful,” he said.
Cowell was replaced for the weekend shows by Alesha Dixon.
During the shows, Dixon was asked how many hours’ notice she had.
“About five,” she said. “I was chilling out on the couch with my daughter and I got the call.”
She also had a message to Cowell.
“I genuinely hope you’re OK Simon. I won’t be as nasty,” she said.
Image and Content: Western Journalism