Estrogen is a major hormone in the female body that contributes to development of reproductive functions as well as secondary reproductive characteristics. Yet, a balance always plays a vital role and anything in excess can have its adverse effects. This is a fact even in case of estrogen hormone. If the estrogen levels increase beyond the desirable levels, it may have adverse effects on the health of the woman. Check out the early warning signs of estrogen dominance and ways to cope with it.
1 What is Estrogen Dominance?
Estrogen dominance is when the estrogen levels in the body go beyond the desirable or expected levels. The abnormal increase of estrogen has become very common in the modern society.
2 How Does Estrogen Dominance Affect a Woman’s Health?
It is said that estrogen dominance may also increase the chances of breast cancer in women. This is just one of the many adverse health effects of estrogen dominance. The condition may also result in osteoporosis, infertility, depression, thyroid imbalance, blood clotting, miscarriages or even fibroid breasts. It is also known to increase the chance of uterine cancer.
3 What are the Early Warning Signs of Estrogen Dominance?
While most women do not notice it, there are many signs that indicate the dominance of estrogen in the body early. Here we have listed a few of the major symptoms that you may take a note of. It helps you to detect imbalance of estrogen in the body before it becomes a major problem.
- Depression and anxiety may result from estrogen imbalance
- Headaches and migraines are other symptoms that indicate estrogen imbalance
- Some women experience fatigue and irritability
- Memory issues and irritability are also experienced by some individuals
- Mental fog and memory issues are other symptoms experienced by women
- Reduced sexual drive, irregular periods or a change in the menstrual cycles are other symptoms that may indicate hormonal imbalance.
- Individuals also tend to experience insomnia.
4 What are the causes of Increased Estrogen Dominance in Modern Women?
There are many different causes that may lead to estrogen imbalance in the modern women. Here we have listed down a few of the major causes:
- Excessive use of caffeine by the modern women is one of the leading causes of this hormonal imbalance in women.
- Many women undergo hormone replacement therapies. This may also result in estrogen dominance in some women.
- The modern lifestyle involves a lot of stress. This stress also causes an imbalance in the hormone levels in female bodies.
- Exposure to xeno-estrogens could be another reason for this tendency. These are found in cleaning agents like pesticides and they are non-biodegradable.
- In many cases, women are malnourished and this prevents the liver from doing its function properly. That is why the used estrogen is reused and circulated throughout the body again causing this medical condition of imbalance of estrogen.
5 What are the Different Ways to Cope with Estrogen Dominance?
Estrogen dominance has many adverse effects on the human health. It is thus vital that we take the rights steps to cope with this health condition and prevent health problems in future. There are many ways to deal with this health threat. Here we have listed a few of the simple ways:
- Processed foods lack the vital nutrients that the body requires to perform effectively. Replace the processed foods with fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Try to include a lot of green leafy vegetables and detoxifying agents in your diet. This way your body will naturally flush out the excess estrogen and perform effectively.
- Drink plenty of water as water has the ability to flush out all the toxins from the body and keep you healthy and energetic.
- Avoid drinking coffee and consuming caffeine rich products as these are known to have negative impact on the body.
- Try and consume foods that are rich in protein like broccoli, sardine and other protein rich fish variants. These will make sure you get the necessary nutrients without having any negative impact.
Image and Content: Newstoday Flash